Monday, November 28, 2011

Excited and honored for "Khmer Hero Award"

On Sunday, NTI celebrated its first graduation for bachelor class of 2011. It our history to start our first promotion. Founder R. Sam Tiv and Executive Director Sin Dara spent his time, energy, money and everything of them to teach and support students improving their quality of life. The class is short but useful, helpful and effective. Students apply lessons immediately after they are learning in class, and they find it effective to enhance their life to be productive and happy.

Most excited thing was students received their degree on the boat after they finished class. However, students presented back some awards to founder, executive director and HR director. As a HR Director, I do nothing to help them for running the class. I was surprised so much because those students presented me an award "Khmer Hero".

Taing Sopheap, representative of those student had a speech before she handed out the award. She said that "my family and I faced very hard situation so it caused me to not believe people in this world. Bong Vanni is the once who made me believe people again. I wonder there is a person like her in this world. But in fact, there is! It gave me hope because I have joined his class last year. He help me so much. I really appreciate of what he has done for us."

I just rewrite her words from oral speech, so it may error or miss something. But it touched me so deep and I keep his words in my heart forever. It contributes meaning to my life because of her words and the award from students. I work is not because of award or recognition but recognition and award and give me much energy and I feel like I do the right thing so I continue doing this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment